Health & Safety
OHSAS 18001, Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series. (officially BS OHSAS 18001) is an internationally applied British Standard for occupational health and safety management systems. ISO 45001 was published in March 2018 in order to increase global consistency and make workplaces safer and healthier for all. OHSAS 18001 will be withdrawn with the publication of ISO 45001:2018 and there will be a three-year migration period from the date of publication.
The Annex SL High Level Structure used by ISO in its new and revised standards makes it far simpler for the integration of management system controls into a single ‘business management system’. This can help to reduce duplication in cost and effort.
This Standard provides senior management with an efficient and effective Occupational Health Safety Management System.
The benefit to the holder of this standard is that it clearly demonstrates to the customer a real commitment and offers the following advantages to your company:
Advantages of ISO 45001:
- Reduced incident and accident rates
- Improved performance monitoring and accident reporting
- Improved staff levels of compliance with health and safety legislation
- Better control of Occupational Health & Safety risks
- Decrease in legal & civil accident costs
- Decrease in insurance premiums
- Improved reputation and customer investment opportunities
- Reduced absenteeism and improved employee morale, leading to increased productivity
- Greater involvement and commitment from employees and the management team, resulting in improved health and safety culture
Our specialist Health & Safety Consultant can advise and assist you with all aspects of ISO 45001 from implementation to certification. We have developed a range of training courses to support you with your migration from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001.